CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 5, 2009

the beginning of our family blog

Trying to figure out how to keep everyone updated on our little family and our deployment thus far has been, well, interesting to say the least. I figure this blog will help me establish something constant that isn't in email form.

Deployment is going very well! We are just about 1 month in. Wow, time is really flying. Caleb is doing very well in Iraq. He is settled, officially has internet, and we get to skype pretty much everynight. This will come in handy once our little man gets here. Parker does love hearing daddy's voice though, anytime he hears Caleb he starts kicking and moving around like crazy. Boy, does he love his daddy! Other than that Caleb is, for the most part, enjoying his job. He works with some pretty cool guys (from what he has told me). He does have a very full work load, he works an 8 hour shift but this doesn't include all of his PT time and other duties he may have thrown at him. Needless to say, his command is keeping him busy. As for Mommy, I am doing well, trying to keep this kid put for the next couple weeks, but I am so excited for him to get here and to be done being pregnant! I swear my body is too small for the size of this little boy.

Parker's room is also getting close to being done! Most of the necessary items have been purchased, but I am waiting for my baby shower to get anything else. Speaking of which I am VERY excited for it! It's so hard not to spend hundreds of dollars on this little guy. His daddy and I love him so much already that we want him to have the world... unfortunately we need to hold back for now :) Don't worry though, once I have his room totally finished I will be posting pictures.

So to sum it all up, mommy, daddy, and baby are all doing well. Mommy and baby are missing daddy quite a bit, but are so very proud of him everyday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List